- Do you want to work in a start-up environment where you’re helping define the way forward for a new business?
- Do you want a hands-on role to help build the company intelligence platform of the future?
- Do you want to help us grow our technology team and scale the intelligence platform at the heart of our business?
If the answer is yes, then read on….
At Deltabase we work with global consultancies (including the Big 4) and major private equity houses and their advisors to provide independent, unbiased and objective company intelligence and benchmarking products that accelerate decision-making and uncover value creation opportunities. Our rapid and independent benchmarking and value creation framework is the only one of its kind – based on our comprehensive 1,000-point assessment, our digital intelligence is accurate, robust, and actionable. Our customer love our rapid, accurate, outside-in intelligence that helps them identify value creation opportunities for their business.
What we are looking for:
We need an experienced Chief Engineer who is a full-stack, hands-on technical whizz, with business entrepreneurial savvy, and the drive and passion to help us build and scale our technology platform. With a passion for all things development, technology, data and digital transformation, you’ll be ready to get hands-on and make your mark on the Deltabase proposition.
We’re looking for someone who is:-
- Technical, Driven, Passionate and Proactive
- Team player who can shape our engineering team
- Deep passion for technology and all things digital
Where you’ll fit in:
Reporting directly into the CTO, you will be responsible for establishing, leading and being a hands-on part of the growing team that are developing our internal data collection applications and customer-facing platform.
We are a small team with big ambitions. You’ll be our first full-time, in-house developer, so you’ll get us going with architecting, building and developing our customer platform. You’ll help us build the capability we need to accelerate and deliver it and be a core part of our management team.
The role will include activities in:
- Architecting, building and maintaining our Deltabase customer platform, with the right tech stack to meet our business needs
- Building and maintaining our internal applications to support our data acquisition and research activities
- Supporting and maintaining our cloud subscriptions
- Building the capability of the Deltabase Dev team as business needs require
- Understanding business requirements and planning suitable technical solutions
- Developing, testing and implementing
With the flexibility to be involved with:
- Technology exploration and testing
- Training material creation and knowledge sharing
- Data and technology partner ecosystem sourcing and engagement
- Experienced senior full-stack developer / engineer
- Past experience working in the FinTech sector (e.g. Credit ratings agency, intelligence platforms, sales intelligence, deals intelligence, company research, benchmarking, consulting, M&A deals, Private Equity), ideally in a start-up culture
- Ability to work proactively, autonomously, and to develop and lead a focused team for the delivery of new and novel solutions
- Commercial experience to understand our early stage business and what our customers want, and our ambitious growth journey
- Ability to design and architect software using best practise patterns and approaches
- Strong experience of designing and building web applications in the cloud (e.g. Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Proven full-stack development experience (e.g. UI, API, Service, Storage)
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, Git based versioning systems and CI/CD, automated functional and integration tests
- Knowledge and experience of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning would be an advantage
- Experience working in an agile team with good understanding of Scrum and Agile delivery
What you’ll get:
- Salary: £55,000 to £84,999 (dependent on experience)
- Full Time Permanent. Temporary contract option also considered
- Primarily office-based, near Waterloo, with flexible working to meet your needs
- Share option to give you a stake in the business
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance including dental cover
- Annual leave allowance
You’ll join a diverse team of supportive and passionate people with the experience and skill level of Big 4 consulting, set in a start-up atmosphere. We have a flat organisation structure, working directly with the founding team / Sociable, inclusive, friendly and supportive start-up team culture. You’ll get exposure to all aspects of the business and the chance to make a real impact on the business and client relationships.
**** PERSONAL APPLICATIONS ONLY, NO AGENCIES PLEASE ****