We are Deltabase – the definitive home of digital transformation intelligence. An exciting FinTech firm with a big purpose – set up in early 2019 to democratise the power and potential of digital transformation. We are on a mission to transform the fortunes and futures of 5,000 businesses by 2025 – fusing deep industry knowledge, cutting edge data science, and world class technology to help unlock a businesses full digital potential.
What we do:
Working alongside the majority of the Big Four and major Private Equity houses, we provide the only independent, unbiased and objective global benchmark of digital capability. Benchmarking capability across thousands of businesses without preference or bias allows us to identify the most valuable opportunities for our clients and connect them to the most relevant delivery partners. In fact, our rapid and independent benchmark is the only one of its kind – based on our comprehensive 1000-point assessment, our insight is accurate, robust, and actionable.
What we are looking for:
An experienced hands Senior Data Engineer who believes in our mission to ‘Democratise the power and potential of Digital Transformation’. Harbouring a passion for all things Data, Technology and Digital Transformation ready to get hands on and make your mark on the Deltabase business.
- Desire to make your mark on the future of Deltabase’s business
- Technical, Driven, Passionate and Proactive
- Team player
- Deep passion for technology and all things digital
Current Senior Data Engineers with 5+ years experience looking to work in a Fintech start up and work on cutting edge data and software solutions.
How our Senior Data Engineers work:
Reporting directly into the leadership team you would lead a cross disciplinary team of Research Analysts, technologists, Digital Transformation experts and external suppliers. Deploying your cutting edge data engineering skills to optimise and automate our Research activities whilst shaping the business and contributing directly to our bottom line.
The role will include learning and development in:
- Create and maintain an efficient data infrastructure
- Data ETL especially extraction at the beginning e.g. web scraping, APIs etc.
- Cutting edge software and data processing pipelines
- Specialist Digital Transformation knowledge and expertise
- Proficiency in additional OOP, scripting and other programming languages
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams in an agile manner
- Managing development partner relationships
- Stakeholder management
With the flexibility to be involved with:
- Technology exploration and testing
- Training material creation and knowledge sharing
- Ecosystem partner sourcing
- 5+ years experience as a trusted Data Engineer
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Critical thinking / problem solving / Attention to detail / Work productively / Organised / Driven / Self motivated
- Understand data and software engineering (e.g. clean code, code review, test-driven development, …) and version control systems), security and design
- Experience in
- Data infrastructure knowledge and understanding
- Building and maintaining data ingestion pipelines, data solutions & applications
- Data extraction e.g. web scraping, APIs etc
- Database architecture and data warehousing.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases
- Cloud providers (Google cloud, AWS or Azure)
- Cross-discipline teams and requirements capture
- MS Office including: Teams, Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Onenote
- Fluent in English
- Fast learner of new technologies and programming languages
- Managing cross-discipline teams and requirements
- Development in an ‘agile’ manner
Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language (preferably Python) and at least one scripting language
i.e. Node.js / Java / Scala / Ruby / Python / Scrapy / Parsehub / Beautiful Soup / C / C+ / Luigi / PySpark / PostgreSQL / PostGIS / Scikit-learn / Tensorflow / Pandas
MS Teams, MS Onenote, Google Chrome, MS Office, LinkedIn
Desirable skills and background:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as service
- Data modelling and visualisation
- Statistical modelling and regression analysis
- Core machine learning and data mining concepts and frameworks
- Distributed computing and splitting algorithms to yield predictive accuracy distributed computation frameworks (Kafka, Spark, …) and NoSQL/SQL databases.
- Digital Transformation / Management Consulting / PE experience
- Manager / Senior Manager level
- Benchmarking & Insight
- Management Consulting
- Full Time
- Data & Research
To apply, please attach your CV and Cover Letter using the button below:
Personal applications only please, no agencies.