- Do you want to work in a start-up environment where you’re helping define the way forward for a new business?
- Do you want a hands-on role to help build the company intelligence platform of the future?
- Do you want to help us grow our technology team and scale the intelligence platform at the heart of our business?
If the answer is yes, then read on….
Deltabase is an AI-powered intelligence and benchmarking firm that provides specific and actionable intelligence on companies. We work with global consultancies (including the Big 4) and major transaction services (deals) advisors to accelerate decision-making and uncover value creation opportunities. Our customers love our rapid and accurate ‘outside-in’ intelligence that helps them identify value creation opportunities for their clients and we’re on a mission to create the world’s most in-depth company intelligence platform.
What we are looking for:
We need an experienced Data Engineer who is a hands-on technical whizz, with business entrepreneurial savvy, and the drive and passion to help us build and scale our intelligence automation. With a passion for all things data, technology and value creation, you’ll be ready to get hands-on and make your mark on the Deltabase proposition.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Technical, driven, passionate and proactive
- A team player who can shape our Data team
- Deeply passionate about technology and all things digital
Where you’ll fit in:
Reporting directly into the Chief Data Officer you would support our team of Intelligence Analysts by utilising your cutting-edge data engineering skills to optimise and automate our research activities, whilst growing a data engineering team, shaping the business and contributing directly to our bottom line.
The role will include:
- Intelligence activity data engineering and automation
- Build and maintain our internal applications to support data acquisition
- Creating and maintaining an efficient data infrastructure & pipeline
- Data ETL e.g. web scraping, APIs etc.
- Proficiency in Python, web scraping and NLP
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team of technologists, engineers and intelligence experts
- Understanding business requirements and planning suitable technical solutions
- Developing, testing and implementing solutions to support our intelligence team
With the flexibility to be involved with:
- Data technology exploration and testing
- Training material creation and knowledge sharing
- Data and technology partner ecosystem sourcing and engagement
- 3-5 years experience as a Python developer / Data Engineer
- Line management of junior Python developers
- Experienced in:
- Building data pipelines & systems
- Data extraction, web scraping e.g. Scrapy and other tools (such as Selenium, Beautiful Soup, JSON, APIs etc.) and writing web spiders and crawlers to capture data
- Database design including knowledge of SQL – safe insertions, aggregating, filtering etc
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or G-Cloud)
- Data de-duplication with textual data, fuzzy matching and natural language processing techniques
- Presenting data insights with data visualisations tools
- Working in an agile team with working knowledge of Scrum and Agile delivery methods
Things that will make you stand out
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and cloud-based containerisation and solution delivery
- Proficiency in another object-oriented programming language and / or scripting language i.e. Node.js / Java / Scala / Ruby / C / C+ / Luigi / PySpark / PostgreSQL / PostGIS / Scikit-learn / Tensorflow / Pandas
- Experience of working in the FinTech sector (e.g. Credit ratings agency, intelligence platforms, sales intelligence, deals intelligence, company research, benchmarking, consulting, M&A deals, Private Equity), ideally in a start-up culture
- Understanding of open-source intelligence (OSINT) frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with Big Data platforms, including Hadoop, or DataBricks
- Experience with other common libraries used in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Knowledge of SDLC, Git based versioning systems and CI/CD, automated functional and integration tests
What you’ll get:
- Salary: £45,000 to £65,499 (dependent on experience)
- Full Time Permanent. Temporary contract option also considered
- Primarily office-based, near Waterloo, with flexible working to meet your needs
- Share option scheme to give you a stake in the business
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance including dental cover
- Annual leave allowance
You’ll join a diverse team of supportive and passionate people with extensive experience set in a start-up atmosphere. We have a flat organisation structure, working directly with the founding team / sociable, inclusive, friendly and supportive start-up team culture. You’ll get exposure to all aspects of the business and the chance to make a real impact on the business and client relationships.
**** PERSONAL APPLICATIONS ONLY, NO AGENCIES PLEASE ****